Post: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Hours: 15 hours per week
Start Date: 1st September 2020
St George’s Roman Catholic Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Higher Level Teaching Assistant who is committed to providing a high standard of Teaching and Learning within our lovely, family school.
We are looking for an excellent classroom teacher – someone who can ensure that all our children can be ‘the best that they can be’.
We are looking for someone who:
- supports the Catholic ethos and Catholic life of our school
- is an excellent teacher with a good understanding of how children learn
- is determined to secure excellent progress for all pupils
- is creative and enthusiastic
- builds positive relationships with children, staff and parents
- is committed to children’s welfare and safeguarding
- has a fair, positive and calm approach to ensuring pupils meet high expectations of good behaviour
- will contribute to, and work collaboratively within, our enthusiastic, creative and forward looking team.
You will have:
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant Standards or equivalent
- Minimum qualifications of 5 GCSE passes at C Grade or above, including Maths and English OR equivalent
- 2 years practical experience of working with children within an educational setting
We can offer you:
- A supportive and caring environment inspired by our Catholic ethos
- A friendly, happy, welcoming school community where everyone is valued
- A school where pupils work hard and achieve well
- Professional, hardworking and committed staff
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- A school strongly supported by governors, parents and Parish, working in partnership with the St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust and Middlesbrough Diocese
St George’s RC Primary School York
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references will be requested before the interview for all shortlisted candidates.
All application forms must be returned to school electronically ~ FAO: Mrs Dee Patton-Statham Headteacher at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 12:00 noon – Tuesday 16th June
Interview date: TBC
Interviews will take place using our strict social distance guidelines.