St George’s RC Primary Academy welcomes our duties under the Equality Act 2010, and in particular our duties in regard to the Public Sector Equality Duty – to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations. We are also fully committed to meeting our responsibilities in regards to the Prevent Strategy, Promoting British Values, and other similar equality initiatives and work to support the educational needs of all our students.
We work towards the NPCAT equality objectives and have also identified the following key objectives for our school:
- to continue to improve parental engagement for vulnerable families
- to continue to raise attendance and to address attendance related issues
- ensure that the curriculum promotes aspirational role models that young people positively identify with, which reflects the school’s diversity in terms of race, gender and disability
Our current priorities for improving accessibility are as follows:
- Improving Education & related activities
- The school will continue to seek and follow the advice of LEA services, such as specialist teacher advisers and SEN inspectors/advisers, and of appropriate health professionals from the local NHS Trusts.
- Improving the Physical environment
- The school will take account of the needs of pupils and visitors with physical difficulties and sensory impairments when planning and undertaking future improvements and refurbishments of the site and premises, such as improved access, lighting, acoustic treatment and colour schemes, and more accessible facilities and fittings.
- Improving the Provision of information
- The school will make itself aware of local services, including those provided through the LEA, for providing information in alternative formats when required or requested.
You will also find a range of other relevant information on our Policies and Documents page.