What support does York offer?

The Local Authority offers a range of specialist support and outreach services, including educational psychologists and local enhanced mainstream schools, to help schools to deliver appropriate support and interventions, Other specialists such as speech and language therapists can also support schools in this. If the school feels that the involvement of another agency will help them to meet your child’s needs you will be informed and asked to give your consent.

The Local Offer

York’s SEND Local Offer website will enable parents and young people to see what disability services are available in their area and how to access them.

SENDIASS (formerly Parent Partnership Service)

SENDIASS, York Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (formerly known as York Parent Partnership Service) provides information, advice and support (IAS) to parents, carers, children and young people in relation to Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disability and related health and social care issues.

To contact SENDIASS

  • Call 01904 555698 – Tuesday to Thursday (term time only)
  • Call 01904 554312 – Monday, Thursday and Friday
  • Email: yorkSENDIASS@york.gov

Click here to return to the SEND Report Index Page