Sports Premium is additional money given to most primary schools each year since 2013 to help them “make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport” that the school offers. This funding is ‘ring-fenced’ and can only be spent on PE and sport. The grant is funded in financial years, whereas school planning is based on academic years but we anticipate that this academic year’s funding will be £17510.
We ensure that improvements we make are sustained and sustainable by:
- taking good care of the resources we purchase and actively teaching our children to do the same; investments in PE equipment and resources will sustain quality provision for years to come
- continuously building on our long term positive relationships with sporting organisations; the Total Sports subscription provides specialist coaching to our teachers and staff, providing quality CPD that will help them teach their own PE lessons both now and in future years
- sharing staff new skills, knowledge and resources from CPD through staff meetings and training
- evaluating the impact of Sports Premium spending at least annually
- Children are taught strategies to access physical exercise, understanding its link to good mental and physical health
- During rotation lessons children are taught the links to physical and mental well-being which will help them grow into resilient and well-rounded young people and adults
The planned impact of this expenditure is that pupils will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to live an active and healthy lifestyle. We also want children to be motivated to be physically active and participate in sport and activities outside of school. This is especially important following COVID.
For 2021-2022 we have planned to spend this funding on the following:
- New sport and PE Equipment
- Additional after-school club provision
- Playground enhancements and equipment
- Equipment for pupils with SEND to support physical activity and development
- Sports Specific coaches invited in to inspire and teach children
- Additional swimming coach for swimming lessons
- In house CPD for all staff
- Whole School PE scheme ~ Real PE
- York City Knights Rugby Club
- York City Football Club Football Club
- Ignite Dance Group dance lessons
- Multi Sports Club for all children after school
- Catch up swimming for years 5 and 6
Click here to view Sports Premium information from previous years.