At St George’s school we are proud of our inclusive ethos. We aim to support every child so that they can achieve their best. All pupils at St George’s receive quality teaching using a range of approaches to ensure that your child has a curriculum that matches their needs. In order to do this some children may need additional support during their time at school.
Our school Special Needs and Disabilities Co coordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs Temple.
- How do we identify if your child has special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)?
- What kinds of Special Educational needs are provided for?
- What should I do if I think my child has SEND?
- How will St George’s Primary support my child and how will my child be involved in this process?
- What are the steps of support at St George’s?
- How are decisions made about how much support my child needs?
- How will St George’s track the progress of my child?
- How will I know how my child is doing and how can I be involved in their learning?
- How are children with SEND supported with their emotional and social development and what measures are in place for listening to the views of children and young people with SEN to prevent bullying?
- What are the Admission arrangements for children with SEND?
- How are children supported between phases in Education?
- What are the arrangements for handling complaints from parents of children with SEN about the provision made at St George’s?
- How does the School involve other bodies in meeting children and young people’s SEN and supporting their families?
- What support does York offer?