- Mrs Clark and Mrs Stevens – Class Teachers
- Mrs Humphries – Class Assistant Teacher
The Patron Saint of Y6 is St Margaret Clitherow
Her feast day is the 26th March.
On the feast day of their patron Saint the children can wear their own clothes in school.
RE is at the core of our curriculum. We do two hours of RE every week and at least four sessions of collective worship. Additionally, the children lead a liturgy every Friday, which you are very welcome to join us for. Please look at the Spring newsletter to see the dates for the term.
Important dates for your diary:
- Monday 6th January – Training Day
- Wednesday 8th January – 9:00am Y6 SAT’s Information Meeting
- Wednesday 15th January – Individual photos
- Wednesday 12th February – Y6 Parent’s Evening
- Friday 14th February – Training Day
- Thursday 5th March – World Book Day
- Monday 16th to Fri 20th March – Poetry Performance Week
- Wednesday 25th March – Y6 Celebration of St Margaret Clitherow (Children can wear their own clothes)
- Friday 3rd April – Break up for the Easter holidays
From January onwards children will be given weekly homework tasks. This will replace the optional homework sheets. Children will be given their homework on a Wednesday and it should be returned to school by the following Wednesday. This is in addition to their weekly spellings and regular reading.
We will give the children either a piece of Maths or a piece of English homework to complete each week. We estimate that it should take the children approximately 30-45 minutes to complete these tasks. If it is taking longer, please come and see us.
The homework tasks will help children prepare for their SATs in May. We hope that it will also help prepare them for secondary school, when they will be receiving more regular homework assignments. Our aim is for the homework to be the children’s responsibility and they need to remember to bring it in within the week.
Our new class topics are: South America (Geography); Animals including Humans (Science) and The Iron Man (English).
The children will be undertaking a range of activities linked to these topics in discrete lessons and as part of their rotation activities.
Lessons take place on Tuesday afternoons with Mr Adamthwaite and Wednesday afternoons with Mr Wilson. Please ensure that your child has their full kit each week as they will not be able to participate in the lesson without the appropriate clothing. Full P.E. kit includes: a white T-shirt, navy /black shorts or tracksuit bottoms and trainers for outdoor use.